Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sunny Sunday




Hey Kids: Here's some pics from last sunny Sunday here. After posting about the snow not stopping, the sun came out over the weekend and we had two bluebird days in a row. Raced the Owl Creek Chase on Saturday, but had to work on Sunday. The OCC was "fun", but I had forgotten that it is a really hard course. Lotsa lotsa up. Anyway, got to see some of the boys from both Breck and Steamboatia. Thought I was going to croak a few times, but did it and it was good. I can't really try to ski fast anymore. I basically gotta just do these things for the exercise of doing it itself. The funny part is that while I felt like crap during it, I actually posted a little faster time than two years ago. Maybe warm fast snow?

Anyway, Sunday I worked in the afternoon and decided to get up from the desk at four and hike up the hill behind our place with the snow shoes. From the top you get a 360 view of the Hasbeen area, and you can see all four ski areas. See below. There is just a pant load of snow up there. Even with the snow shoes, I went hip deep a couple of times and the doggies were doing quite a bit of wallowing. Enjoy.










1 comment:

JenyJo said...

we're moving in! we'll be up tonight ;-)

um..... isn't it right time you turned another year??? ;-) i keep thinking about your upcoming trip, i hope you have the time of your life, eben!!!

ed and i are sending you all kinds of birthday happyness.

we'll be all moved in and cozy by the time you guys get back ;-)

big hugs, eb!! nice shots!!!

jj